Dental crowns provide both restorative and cosmetic benefits, fixing damaged teeth, reinforcing them, and making smiles natural and whole once again. Here at Perry Hall Dental Care in Perry Hall, MD, your family dentists, Dr. Emma Galvan and Dr. Karl Meek, recommend dental crowns for restoring decayed, cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged teeth.
How a Dental Crown Can Fix Your Teeth
Dental crowns are customized to seamlessly blend into the patient’s smile. They’re meticulously created to complement the other teeth surrounding it in terms of shape, color, texture, and size, as well as restore your bite’s integrity. Depending on a patient’s specific concerns, a crown could be utilized for securing a synthetic tooth attached to a dental bridge, by itself, or attached atop a dental implant for replacing a lost tooth.
Finding Out If a Dental Crown Will Work For You
Although crowns could offer a substantial cosmetic enhancement to anyone’s smile, they could likewise give protection and strength for weakened and/or damaged teeth. Your family dentist in Perry Hall, MD, might suggest a crown if:
- You have a severely decayed, chipped, cracked, or otherwise damaged tooth
- You have a disproportionally large or small, or otherwise misshapen tooth
- You have a tooth/teeth that don’t respond to in-office bleaching or severely stained
- You have a misaligned bite
- You can’t chew food comfortably
- You have teeth that need extra strength or support
- Your teeth’s chewing surfaces have been prematurely worn down because of teeth grinding or bruxism
- You have extensive tooth damage that can’t adequately support an onlay, inlay, or dental filling
- You’re restoring lost teeth with dental implants
- You need a root canal treatment and require protection for the residual tooth structure
After your dentist has diagnosed your specific condition, you’ll discuss the crown prep and installation procedure as well as any extra treatments that you may require before the actual placement of the dental crown.
Interested in Getting Dental Crowns? Contact Us
Call 410-256-4720 to schedule a consultation with your family dentists, Dr. Emma Galvan or Dr. Karl Meek, here at Perry Hall Dental Care in Perry Hall, MD.